Monday, April 11, 2011

run for a reason

run for a reason...what this saying means to me and for my maintenance. I have not only found a reason to run but I now have a new goal and inspiration to keep running. October 9th 2011 i will be running my first half marathon! i can not believe that i am doing this! I have been working on my endurance and running on my treadmill. its almost funny to me that one of my 2011 new years resolutions/goals was to only run a 10 minute mile and now not only could i do that but in 7 months i will be running 13.1.
I am in the 190's now and I continue to work out with Jillian as well as run. I am so excited for next week, I know that when I started this blog I commented that I really wanted to run at the beach and it is another realization that will be coming true in the next week. We are going on a family trip to Lincoln City and although i am looking forward to spending time with my family- i cant wait to get away for a run! on the beach!! and even more exciting is I can run I can go 3 miles or more before i want a rest. It is a great feeling.
Another great thing about going to the beach is the shopping! there is a huge outlet mall and i will be getting some new size 10 pants and m/l shirts! omg i am average! its awesome things are going great and i love my fitness options and what i am doing ive even started food journaling again on my new ipod touch! finally it was my motivational tool to get me to the marathon! me gonna be a half marathoner...maybe one day ill do the whole dang thang...