Friday, January 20, 2012

2012 still livin the life

here it is 2012.
this year i pay attention to the "signs" the little messages i see in my life, my gut feelings the things I know. And in its most perfect of ways this was made most clear on none other than 1-1-2012.

i've been making excuses. not to run...not to eat right...not to do the things that got me here. ive been doing all of the things that got me there...so i ran a half marathon...its kinda like so what? now...in the moment it was great and i lived on the high for weeks...then it got cold and mama doesnt like running in the cold and the holidays...oh the holidays. food glorious food and suddenly im tired all the time, im irritated and i gained 20lbs back quick...so i got the new jillian michaels dvd and its good always...but i kinda miss this running thing and if it wasnt so damn cold....so i want a new treadmill for christmas but really we cant afford it. so i wont be getting it...
I have to work on new years day and my work mates and i are chatting about of course new years resolutions with fitness being top of the list...an lady wants a makeover for a party she is going to and doesnt have an appointment and luckily i am free and i take her...Alisa. Meeting Alisa will change my year maybe my life, she was a marathon trainer. haha. right...i told her my story it was a great inspirational sign that running is now in my life for a reason, she told me to blow 2:30 out of the water and shoot for 2 hours! she said her 50 yr ol mama ran a half in 2;30. 2 days later my husband brought me a new to me treadmill. its 20 some years old but the mat looks as if its never been used.
so ive been running again and it feels so good! huge hurdle...i love running so much that i actually ran in front of my husband. so i set the treadmill in our living room but in a back corner out of the way so i can see the tv while running but someone on our couch has their back to me. anyway i had been sick and having migranes all week and that saturday i woke up with a migrane and i really wanted to run and clear my head and my hubby came home early from work sick... normally i would welcome the chance to ditch the workout but i knew it would make me feel better. so husband on the couch i went for my run...until my 2 yr old peed in his bed and then it was over.
I found that Vancouver has a marathon and half in June, I am hoping to pay the registration this week and run 6-17-12. it is cheaper than the portland one and i am not sure about fundraising or what so at the least i cant cop out on running a half this year and i may still decide to run in portland in october too.. two halfs equal a full and who knows what next year might bring????