Monday, October 10, 2011

HALF MARATHON 10.9.11 #1

So because of technical difficulties I may not be able to actually post this until tomorrow but I wanted to document the event on the day. It's amazing today October 9th 2011 I Jenna Nellis 33-419 ran the Portland Half Marathon in 2:52:10! My best time ever 13 minute miles and i didn't stop to pee once! And I was scared...being that I had a dream that my phone fell in the port a potty! And appropriately I said " oh shit". It was fun I saw many interesting people and although I didn't run with my group it was about me just doing it. I has a great play list to listen to i started to "edge of seventeen" by stevie nicks...cried at mile 5 listening to Mountains by Lonestar. And ended with p!nk. Miles 10 thru 13.1 I heard Jillian saying "don't phone it in!" "finish it" The boys met me after the race and they were upset they didn't catch me actually finishing, its ok. I got a medal and gave it to Nate my coach, I told him he deserved it for all the days i made him hike up Hazel Dell Hill. Dustin even says he wants to do it next year! Yay new motivation. Not only To get my hubby healthy but to beat him and my time next year! Now we're here at the beach condo, Dustin went and caught me an awesome crab dinner! And finally relaxing. Today was a good day I achieved what I used to think was an unattainable goal for me once being 300. Lbs u wouldn't have known it today today I became the athlete I've always wanted to be and I looked back on my first blog entry and I talked about how much I wanted to be a runner and now I can confidently say I am and I do run for a reason. I am already looking forward to next year. #runmamarun
~Jenna